HHA-38 adapter & rear diff drain.

This is the place to suggest new features, new products, or changes/additions to our site.

Moderator: Aaron

Yanmartyr
Volunteer Poster

HHA-38 adapter & rear diff drain.

Postby Yanmartyr » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:20 pm

I ordered your HHA-38 adapter to install on my YM1401D after installing a new FEL. Your description states that it installs "using your factory bolts" but when I removed the stock unit I found that it is nearly twice as thick as your adapter, so I checked the stock bolt length by threading them in until they bottomed out, which showed that they are too long to re-use.
I verified the required length needed by measuring the exposed thread on the stock bolt after placing it through the stock tube adapter. The required bolt for the 1401 is a 6mm x 1 x 30mm.

On another note, regarding changing of the transmission / hydraulic system oil, nowhere have I found any mention of also draining the rear diff by removing the drain bolts located at the bottom of each side of the diff. I drained mine and there was a considerable amount of oil in each side.

Regards, Yanmartyr :mrgreen:

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: HHA-38 adapter & rear diff drain.

Postby Aaron » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:57 pm

I'll have to look into that. I have never seen a model that had a flange that was not the exact thickness of the HHA-38. It is possible that the 1401 may be the only one with a thicker flange for some reason. I apreciate the feedback though.

Return to “Suggestions Or Comments”