Easier access to manuals etc.

This is the place to suggest new features, new products, or changes/additions to our site.

Moderator: Aaron

mondaylotto
Volunteer Poster

Easier access to manuals etc.

Postby mondaylotto » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:16 am

Hi
I have two Yanmars, a YM186d and a YM336D.I live in Australia and the postal service choose not deliver in our rural area. There is little or no support for older Yanmars in this country. I just purchased parts and service manuals for both tractors and a operators manual for the 336. With the exchange rate being AU$1=US88c it ended up a relatively expensive exercise. The procedure seemed overly complex,when,in the end I was told that all five manuals could be delivered on two CDs. There were still customs declarations to be completed and a shipping agreement dreamed up by the devil himself.
I would not wish that on any other overseas customer.
As you have taken the first step of making the information available electronically, why could you not take the next obvious step of making the manuals downloadable, subject to a fee.
Too late for me but I'm sure overseas customers, even US customers, would be grateful for such easy access. It would save postage/freight and the customs process which seems to tie up your hard working spare parts staff. It would also ensure that the info gets there- not always a certainty with some shipping choices.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Easier access to manuals etc.

Postby Aaron » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi Mondaylotto,
I'm sorry your experience was not a good one. The exchange rate is what it is and I, obviously, have no control over that. The shipping agreement is a fairly complex document but it is a necessary evil. We want to give our international customers every shipping option and explain the expenses and risks associated with each of them. Every international customer gets the same agreement and all, to our knowledge, have survived the ordeal just fine.

Most of the time, the operation manuals are NOT available on CD but it just happened that your manual was. We do, occasionally, offer to upload certain manuals to our website where international customers are able to download them if they request it. We did not offer on your order because all of the manuals you ordered were very large and storing them all on our server at that time would have taken a lot of extra preparation.

I do appreciate the suggestions though and we will likely implement at least some of them in the near future.

mondaylotto
Volunteer Poster

Re: Easier access to manuals etc.

Postby mondaylotto » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:42 am

Aaron wrote:Hi Mondaylotto,
I'm sorry your experience was not a good one. The exchange rate is what it is and I, obviously, have no control over that. The shipping agreement is a fairly complex document but it is a necessary evil. We want to give our international customers every shipping option and explain the expenses and risks associated with each of them. Every international customer gets the same agreement and all, to our knowledge, have survived the ordeal just fine.

Most of the time, the operation manuals are NOT available on CD but it just happened that your manual was. We do, occasionally, offer to upload certain manuals to our website where international customers are able to download them if they request it. We did not offer on your order because all of the manuals you ordered were very large and storing them all on our server at that time would have taken a lot of extra preparation.

I do appreciate the suggestions though and we will likely implement at least some of them in the near future.

Thanks Aaron. there was nowhere else in the world that I could get the manuals. Getting them on CD was a big saving on postage and already they have proved their usefulness. Wouldn't say my buying experience was a bad one, just confronting. I was treated by the spare parts staff with patience and courtesy. Thank you.

Return to “Suggestions Or Comments”