Front Loader issue yanmar 1610D

This is the place to ask questions about your mower, loader, blade, etc. All brands welcome! Brought to you by TractorPartsCentral.com

Moderator: Aaron

rob66ert
Volunteer Poster

Front Loader issue yanmar 1610D

Postby rob66ert » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:55 am

I recently had to replace the rear main seal in my little tractor. Yanmar 1610D. Owned for 20 years and first major repair I have had to do. I had to remove the front loader. The repair was a little easier than I thought it would be. Splitting the tractor was not to bad. All went well until i went to reinstall the loader. Got it all attached, and then it happened. Started the tractor went to raise the bucket, it moved perfect for about 2 feet and stopped. It acts like that is as far as it will go.. sqeals and bogs engine like it is maxed out. Does same thing when I try to lower it. After it does this it will not go up or down, and the bucket itself does the same thing. If I stop. Let it set for 30 min or so, it will move a couple feet again. The 3 point hitch with Bush hogg works perfect up and down. I changed fluid and cleaned screen ( I try to do this every year.) Still does the same thing. It drives fine. Forward, reverse and as I mentioned the 3 point hydraulics work fine. The loader worked fine before I removed it... it did sit for about a year before I got around to doing the repair. ANY help thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated.... PS. Have to give Hoye tractor a shout out. They really helped me with parts and advise on the repair.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Front Loader issue yanmar 1610D

Postby winston » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:54 am

Does your loader have any quick connect lines? If so, make sure they are all connected properly. Are you plumbed with power beyond?

rob66ert
Volunteer Poster

Postby rob66ert » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:19 pm

No.. this old yanmar does not have the quick connects..wish it did..they are threaded.. I am not sure of the power.. I'm not sure I understand your question. I'm sure it's just me, if you could explain further.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:19 pm

with power beyond your loader control valve would have 7 hoses coming off it, 4 to loader cylinders, 1 to inlet one to tank and one to power beyond. If your loader has only six hoses it is not plumbed with power beyond. Would it be possible to make a few pictures. I suspect you may have a line hooked up wrong. Are you confident the lines are hooked up just like they came off?

Return to “Implements”