YM226D No hydraulics

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Acorn Farms
Volunteer Poster

Re: YM226D No hydraulics

Postby Acorn Farms » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:58 am

After being away for a week, I returned, manual and a pressure gauge in hand. I refilled the reservoir with hydraulic fluid and fired up the diesel, hoping the cleaning of the screen filter and changing the paper filter would do the trick. At first nothing. However, while I was checking things out I noticed one line that had previously shown no pressure seemed to have a bit in it so I re-started the engine and let it run for a while. Low and behold pressure came up and the hydraulics work.

In retrospect, either the fluid was lower than I thought, or one of the filters was clogged. It could have been far worse. I now have a much better understanding of the hydraulic system and I have shop manuals to refer to for any future issues, I also realize I need to do a better job of maintenance on the tractor in the future.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this post. I really appreciate it.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Re: YM226D No hydraulics

Postby alan » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

The manuals assume no FEL (rare in Japan). If your hyd reservoir cap does not have a dipstick (they tend to fall off), with the FEL positioned so as to maximize the fluid in the reservoir, fill to about 2" of the top. (The "headspace" is for heat expansion.)

Return to “Tech Support”