Online Parts Catalog

This is the place to suggest new features, new products, or changes/additions to our site.

Moderator: Aaron

FarminDish
Volunteer Poster

Online Parts Catalog

Postby FarminDish » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:20 am

When I am shopping on the Hoye website I noticed that the shopping cart screen could use a button that takes you back to the parts diagram screen that the part was selected from (a continue shopping button). The only option I saw was using my browsers back button. When that button was pressed it removed the item from my cart and it took another click to get back to the parts diagram.

Once I added a part that I wanted to keep in my cart I had to click on the tractor model number in the left sidebar and start from the beginning again to drill down through the pages to get back to the parts diagram I was on to add the next part. This process took a while to add all 31 parts that I was ordering, not all from the same parts diagram, but several parts from a few pages.

Is there a trick that I am not aware of on the website?

Thanks.
Dish
YM1500
1968 Cub Cadet 104

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Online Parts Catalog

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 am

I agree it is not ideal. Unfortunately, there are added complications to anything that we do to try to streamline long orders like that.

The normal workflow:

1)- select your model & category
2)- click on the part you need
3)- add to basket
4)- click your browsers back button to get back to the diagram

The cart will not necessarily show the item that you just added but it is there. There will be a note in the cart that says

Edit Basket Contents
Quantity in Basket: none

Refresh page to see
recently added items.

You can either "refresh" the page or just know that there is really items in your basket that are not shown at the moment.

Return to “Suggestions Or Comments”