Gold vs White wheels?

What size tractor do I need? What is a good model to buy? What size mower do I need?

Moderator: Aaron

ChvyTruckGal
Volunteer Poster

Gold vs White wheels?

Postby ChvyTruckGal » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:58 pm

Hello all!

I am a the proud new owner of a SA324, anxiously waiting delivery! I was glancing through the yanmar tractor website, and noticed on the promotions page a rebate difference between gold wheels and white wheels. Whats exactly is the difference between them? It's a moot point since I've already purchased, but was curious.
This will be my second Yanmar, I inherited a 1610D when I bought my home 2 years ago. Its built like a tank, and impressed me, but I'm intimidated by it since I'm a have no tractor or heavy equipment experience, and I don't read japanese.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Gold vs White wheels?

Postby Aaron » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:34 am

I don't know for sure but my guess is that one of them is just 'last years' model and they are trying to move them. Just like how the auto manufacturers give better incentives on the 2019 models when the 2020 model comes out. They might be identical in every way except the wheel color. Looks like Yanmar went from white wheel paint to a cream colored paint recently.

ErykWeis
Volunteer Poster

Postby ErykWeis » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:31 am

In my opinion, it's a marketing gimmick ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AgroCatalog - free download pdf parts catalog, user manual, user service for agricultural machines
farmtractorspecs.com

JustinB60
Volunteer Poster

Postby JustinB60 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Appears older tractors were white and the new tractors they sell (324/424 at least) are gold painted rims. I prefer the gold color a little bit more but its personal preference.

Return to “Pre-Purchase Questions”