Gday from Australia - YM2210D

How Much Oil, What Type Oil, etc

Moderator: Aaron

Richo
Volunteer Poster

Gday from Australia - YM2210D

Postby Richo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Gday from Western Australia,
I have just acquired an old Yanmar 2210D. It is good working condition for its age.
I'm hoping someone on here may be able to point me in the direction of a few things, that will keep this little tractor running sweet for a good while longer.
I am wanting to change all of the fluids and filters.
Engine oil and filter change - Seems straight forward. Can anyone tell me the quantity required? Going to use 15w-40 Diesel Engine Oil, the filter that is currently on it is a Mitsubishi Genuine one, if anyone has some equivalent compatible ones that would fit, I'd appreciate any Part numbers.
Front Axle Oil change - I have some Castrol Axle EPX 80w-90 that I use in my work vehicle already, that from reading on here will be fine to use. Quantity required?
Fuel Filter - Does anyone have a part number for this at all? Its just a paper filter, I'm hoping not too hard to size up at my local auto parts store.
Hyd/Trans Fluid - I take it that this is all inclusive, does rear axle/diff, hydraulics and transmission/gbox? I assume the fill point is the cap near the gear shifter, I have also just found a dipstick up there too, what oil is best to use and does anyone know the quantity required?

Appreciate any help you may be able to provide and look forward to sharing some information.
If anyone has an operators manual, I would be grateful to have a look, I do have a parts manual that I can share also.
Many thanks,
Richo

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Gday from Australia - YM2210D

Postby winston » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:56 am

https://www.hoyetractor.com/support/kno ... ?article=1

I don't think it is fair to post filter numbers on this sight as they are selling them. I know yoou are in Australia but folks here in America read these forums.

Go by the dipstick on engine oil and transmission. Probably 5 quarts or less for the engine. Closer to 5 gallons for the transmission/hydraulics.

Make sure you pull and clean the suction strainer on the hydraulics.

Richo
Volunteer Poster

Re: Gday from Australia - YM2210D

Postby Richo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:38 pm

Winston,
Thanks for the reply mate.
I managed to get an Engine Oil filter equivalent sourced locally and completed and engine oil and filter change.
Found the front diff dipstick on the left hand side top bolt if anyone was interested.
Changed out the Trans/Hyd oil and removed and cleaned the strainer. Your quantities were spot on.

Return to “Specs, Capacities, Other”