226D stater

How Much Oil, What Type Oil, etc

Moderator: Aaron

Redyam226D
Volunteer Poster

226D stater

Postby Redyam226D » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:21 am

I Recently purchased a 226d that had intermittent starter issues of which I assumed was due to poor wiring or a faulty ignition switch... I have since pulled the tractor apart for a quick restoration only to discover there is a new starter already :cry: that when bench tested appears to work perfectly as it should .. But when installed doesn't seem to engage the fly wheel until its 10th or so try ... Missing and grinding ... They fly wheel still appears to be in good shape but I am worried if I keep this up its going to eventually wear .... The starter does appear to be the proper one from a reputable company with the matching # of teeth of the original which came with the tractor ... Anyone have a answer to this before I start throwing $ into another starter ...

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: 226D stater

Postby winston » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:46 pm

I believe you should have a 15 tooth starter. Right?

Redyam226D
Volunteer Poster

Re: 226D stater

Postby Redyam226D » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:44 am

winston wrote:I believe you should have a 15 tooth starter. Right?

Yes it is ... I tried shiming it out a bit and nothing ... ... And I also measured the old starter compared to the new one and it seems the old one didn't throw as far as the new by about a 1/8th or so shimings not my answer ... May just throw in the towel and get a gear reduction type starter ... If that don't work ...???

Return to “Specs, Capacities, Other”