Quick cosmetic refurb on my 1802d

Have repair or maintenance instructions that you want to share with other Yanmar owners? Post them here.

Moderator: Aaron

MesaAZguy
Volunteer Poster

Quick cosmetic refurb on my 1802d

Postby MesaAZguy » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:28 pm

I had bought a vietnam refurb tractor from a private seller in AZ a while ago. It had 40 hours on it when I bought it and I threw on another 40 during my use. The paint work looked reasonable however the wheels weren't up to my standards. I also wanted to modernize the appearance of the tractor a bit. Having a friend in the powder coat business helped me substantially as the cost was fairly inexpensive. I replaced the side exiting muffler with a top exit muffler and had that ceramic coated because I could at a cheap cost. When working with the loader, the exhaust would cook and blacken the hydraulic hoses. Next off was the wheels. I had them done in two stage anthracite gray with a clear coat. Those were worth it alone as the inside of the rims had extensive corrosion which was bead blasted off to bare metal. Since I had those parts off, I decided to do the ROPS, canopy and rear section of sheet metal along with anything I could unbolt. Basically, I stripped the tractor quite a ways!
I am really pleased with the end result and even my wife appreciated the new look. Of course, now she wants the tractor off the patio so we can tear it down and redo the concrete as well...Women....

I had redone the shifter console and added some detail work to it when I first got the tractor. The larger shifter handle fits my hand better along with the length for reach.

-Simon

Yanmar 1802D

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Quick cosmetic refurb on my 1802d

Postby Aaron » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:14 am

Very nice! Looks really good!

Return to “Tutorials & Instructions”