YFL 650 - What's it worth?

This is the place to ask questions about your mower, loader, blade, etc. All brands welcome! Brought to you by TractorPartsCentral.com

Moderator: Aaron

confusedcheme
Volunteer Poster

YFL 650 - What's it worth?

Postby confusedcheme » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi, all. I'm new to the forum but not new to Yanmar tractors. I've owned a 336D and recently picked up a 186D with YFL650 loader. The tractor was narrowed for row crop work, which is where I intend to use it. The loader sat in a barn for most of its life and only recently (in the last five years) was mounted on the tractor and used to clean up around horses.

Not to my question. I purchased the tractor because it is narrowed for row crops. While the loader is nice, I have bigger tractors with loaders and, in this instance, the loader gets in the way. So, I'm thinking about parting with it.

I've done enough research to see that the YFL 650 is relatively desirable and also relatively difficult to find (at least by itself). I'd be selling the entire unit including subframe, controls, hoses, etc. Everything up to my factory divider block on the tranny. Should be an easy conversion for someone.

The loader would come with a bucket, which has barely been used, and some custom-made pallet forks, which I question whether or not they have been used at all. The paint on the loader is scratched and faded from age. A few of the smaller hydraulic hoses need to be replaced. Other than that, the loader is in great functioning condition.

So... What's a reasonable asking price? I don't want to mess with EBAY, so am hoping to put it on the local Craigslist.

Thanks!

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: YFL 650 - What's it worth?

Postby Aaron » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:50 am

I think we ended up selling the YFL loader in the link below for around $1000. It is one of things where, to the right buyer, it might be worth a lot more but those buyers are few and far between.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7426&p=26368&hilit=yfl#p26368

confusedcheme
Volunteer Poster

Re: YFL 650 - What's it worth?

Postby confusedcheme » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 am

Aaron,

Thanks for the follow-up. I'll probably just end up listing it and see what happens.

Return to “Implements”