New Aquisition troubleshooting

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

417Craig
Volunteer Poster

New Aquisition troubleshooting

Postby 417Craig » Sat May 23, 2020 11:58 am

I purchased a YM 2000 one week ago which came with a manual and reference page leading me to this website. The previous owner replaced the Starter/Solenoid and ignition just a day prior to my completing the transaction. I spent the first several days going through the tractor,
replacing all fluids, filters etc. as required at 300 hr. The tractor started several dozen times, ran and operated fine enough throughout the week even brush hogged about an acre a week ago today. The following day when I attempted to restart the unit I only get a click and no turnover. I charged the battery and have had it checked out. I'm getting full 1000 cranking amps under the load. My question is where to look next at what might have been wired incorrectly to cause a failure in such a new starter? Secondly, the PTO is extremely difficult to shift back to the neutral position after operating for a few minutes. The clutch seems to operate as it should, the fluid is new, and is staying clear in appearance, where should I start trouble shooting for this? Thanks Craig

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: New Aquisition troubleshooting

Postby Aaron » Sun May 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere. Check the ground wire where it attaches to the frame of the tractor.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: New Aquisition troubleshooting

Postby winston » Sun May 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Do you have an over run clutch on your pto? Is it hard to take pto out of gear with the pto stopped?

Return to “Tech Support”