Oil weep from base of exhaust?

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

sandspider
Volunteer Poster

Oil weep from base of exhaust?

Postby sandspider » Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 am

Hi all

Doing some mowing today with my YM1600 and topper, and I noticed a slight haze of smoke coming off my engine block, which seems to be a wee seep of diesel from the bottom of the plate where the exhaust manifold bolts to the head. Is this likely to be an issue with diesel getting past the piston rings and gathering in the exhaust, or is this just something they do that I've not noticed before? (The block is usually a bit oily in that area) Quite a hot sunny day today and I was working it quite hard, mowing on a steep slope... There was maybe a wee bit more smoke from the exhaust than normal, but really not much and nothing visible most of the time apart from when accelerating / dropping the clutch, as usual.

Hmm. It's probably nothing, I hope!

Cheers,

Giles

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Oil weep from base of exhaust?

Postby Aaron » Mon May 18, 2020 11:58 am

Unless there is a lot of heavy smoke I don't think there is any way that liquid fuel could get into the exhaust. My guess would be condensation mixing with soot dripping out of there.

sandspider
Volunteer Poster

Re: Oil weep from base of exhaust?

Postby sandspider » Mon May 18, 2020 1:17 pm

Thanks Aaron. That would make sense and there's definitely not loads of smoke. Hopefully it'll go away with a bit more use.

Return to “Tech Support”