New Project 1110D

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

CincyYanmar
Volunteer Poster

New Project 1110D

Postby CincyYanmar » Wed May 13, 2020 8:40 am

I picked up a 1110D off craigslist the other day. The motor fired right up but the seller could not get it to go in gear or move the 3 point. PTO spins. After some reading on here, I figured it might just need a filter cleaning. Took a gamble on it for cheap. Got it home and pulled the filter, pretty clean but cleaned it spotless anyway. The seller said he changed the fluid on it twice but I suspected he didn’t use the hydraulic/transmission as he was only selling for a friend. I drained as much as I could and replaced with travellers from tractor supply. About 2.5 gallons of the 5 gallon bucket. Tractor now moves in gear. 3 point still does not work. Also the tractor extremely lacks power and acts sluggish. Sometimes it will start moving slowly and then pick up speed as it almost acts normal. It can get stuck on the slightest bump or incline. Some gears it tries to move for a 20-30 seconds rocking back and forth and then will start to pick up.

I ordered manuals from Hoye and should be receiving those any day now but I was hoping I could get some help on here as well. I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: New Project 1110D

Postby Aaron » Wed May 13, 2020 11:17 am

The 1110D is a neat little machine but also a pretty unusual little machine. Very rare and does not share hardly any parts with any other Yanmar.

Does the PTO continue to spin when the tractor stops moving? That will help determine if it is the main clutch slipping or a powershift problem. If the PTO spins under a load when the tractor stops moving then it is likely a clutch problem. If the PTO keeps going then usually a powershift problem.

Sometimes the little powershift relief valve springs break or get weak

1.jpg
1.jpg (59.05 KiB) Viewed 145 times

CincyYanmar
Volunteer Poster

Re: New Project 1110D

Postby CincyYanmar » Wed May 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. The PTO does spin when the tractor stops moving. Unfortunately I don’t have anything to hook it up to right now but it does start/stop whenever I engage/disengage. It stops whenever I push the clutch in.

I just pulled the filter for the second time and it was dirtier than the first time I pulled it with some rust looking particles. Any chance it could just be the fluid and filter keep needing changing until all that old fluid is out? Anyway to really give it a thorough wash out?

The 3 point still won’t move at all.

Return to “Tech Support”