Fuel filter, injector pump

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

MizzouBeach
Volunteer Poster

Fuel filter, injector pump

Postby MizzouBeach » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:17 pm

My tractor stopped the other day while I was using it, so I checked the fuel tank, and it still had a little bit of fuel in it, so I thought maybe it wasn't enough to supply the injector pump. so I refilled the tank and it didn't start. I bled the line up to the pump, but it still didn't start. I disconnected the fuel lines at the injectors, and turned it over a bit to bleed those lines. I was getting fuel out of the line for the rear cylinder, but not the front one. I then removed the fuel filter bowl, and there was no filter in it. It was pretty cruddy inside. So, I've been using the tractor for the year and a half since I bought it with no fuel filter. I looked for a new filter in the parts section, but all I found was the whole filter / shutoff mechanism. Do you offer a filter for this tractor?
I guess I'll be removing the injector pump to see if it's just stuck, or if it's worn out. Is it very difficult to work on? One article I looked at (https://www.hoyetractor.com/support/kno ... article=91) talked about how dirt or water could damage a pump, but I'm REALLY hoping I won't have to buy a new one! The same article talked about how you took apart a few pumps to inspect them, so I am hoping I can do the same.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Fuel filter, injector pump

Postby winston » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 pm

https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/2210FILTER.htm

It is not recommended to work on these by individuals. I think I have read of one or more doing it but I would be awfully cautious. There are settings that require testing equipment. I will delete my email in a little while but will send you something that might help you understand the pump a little more. (mabe1945@hotmail.com).

Return to “Tech Support”