Ym2000 loader working but three point won’t raise

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Ym2000 loader working but three point won’t raise

Postby winston » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:45 am

I don't know just how you did your pressure test but the pressure is dependent upon use. Your relief valves are probably set a little over 2000psi but they are for the safety of you and the system. Can you go into more detail how you got that figure? To get maximum pressure you need to push a relief valve into service. When you curl your bucket cylinder and continue to hold the lever at the end of the stroke you would normally hear your loader relief valve relieving and probably your engine loading. At this point if you had a gauge at the inlet to your loader valve you would be getting a pretty accurate reading of what your pump is putting out.

Bkfym2000
Volunteer Poster

Postby Bkfym2000 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:36 am

I capped the bucket boom inlet and outlet, as well as the curl inlet and outlet. I only left the supply hose and the return hose that feeds the three point. I placed an in-line pressure gauge on the inlet hose at the point it connects to the control valve for the loader. With the engine turned on and the system running I got 0 pressure on the gauge. When I engaged the three point and pulled the handle to full up position I still received 0 pressure on the gauge and no movement from the arms of the three point. I then engaged the bucket boom up and held it. This is when I received a max of 1000 psi. Same went for when I attempted to use the curl function. The reason I capped the boom up/down and the curl up/down is because I could not achieve full stroke on the cylinders as they would only move super slow and stop short of half stroke.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:53 pm

Very strange. I do not understand why 1000psi would not raise your loader or curl your bucket. Any idea how much flow you are getting? If you were to take the outlet hose loose from where it ties back into the cut line going back to the 3 point and just hold that (might have to extend it) above the opening (dipstick) on your transmission to see what kind of flow you are getting out of the pump. You could leave your gage in place while doing this.

Bkfym2000
Volunteer Poster

Postby Bkfym2000 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:43 pm

I have not done that. But I think I will so verify. It’s presenting like there is a clogged like but I have drained and checked the system twice and find any blockages. I am wondering if the control valve for the loader that I have is maybe the wrong one? I’m wondering if I need a power beyond unit.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:41 am

My old 2002D had the Bulldog 285 and I'm pretty confident the same loader valve you have. I operated it for several years without power beyond and did convert it later on. The conversion did make a small difference but I don't think power beyond is your main problem right now.

With no strainer present I wonder if it is possible your pump suction is somehow partially plugged? Maybe checking the flow as suggested could help determine that.

Return to “Tech Support”