YM2000B Left Rear Wheel Won't Move

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Cardentm
Volunteer Poster

YM2000B Left Rear Wheel Won't Move

Postby Cardentm » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:21 pm

Background - YM2000B bought summer 2019. Changed hydraulic oil, air filter, antifreeze during summer. Tractor was used about 25 hrs in summer. Stored outside with a cover this winter in Alabama. I've cranked it each month since last real use in October 2019 to let it run a bit.

Issue - Cranked it today in about 45 degree weather. Tractor cranked fine and idled great. I worked the hydraulics up and down a few times and decided to move the tractor to a different location since it was sitting in a water puddle an inch or so deep. When I put the tractor in gear the right rear tire would move but the left rear tire is stuck in place. I put the tractor in 2nd gear high and reverse high and same issue. The right rear tire will move, even spin a little but the left side is not moving. I tried to rock it in place and it's not budging. I didn't want to force anything just yet. Suggestions for troubleshooting please!

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: YM2000B Left Rear Wheel Won't Move

Postby Aaron » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:28 pm

More than likely the brakes on that side are stuck. See if the brake cam moves when you press the brake pedal. You are making a good call by not trying to force it. That usually ends up with a big parts order.
https://www.hoyetractor.com/brakes.htm

Cardentm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Cardentm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:06 pm

Finally found time to take the fender off and get a better look. The brake cam lever was indeed stuck but worse than that the previous owner had broken the cover and used sealant over the break and painted it Yanmar green. I now have the cover off with the brake drum stuck to it. Given COVID-19 has me on a tight budget, what's the downside of running this tractor with no left side brakes other than the obvious loss of braking on that side? I pretty much mow on a flat field anyway. Any pointers on getting this thing apart would be helpful also.
Attachments
tractor drum brake 3.jpg
tractor drum brake 3.jpg (109.02 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
tractor drum brake 2.jpg
tractor drum brake 2.jpg (94.16 KiB) Viewed 1975 times

Cardentm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Cardentm » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:07 pm

more photos
Attachments
tractor drum brake 5.jpg
tractor drum brake 5.jpg (104.45 KiB) Viewed 1975 times

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:04 pm

You are probably going to need this. https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/194150-36612.htm

There is suppose to be a nut holding the brake drum on the final reduction pinion shaft. Something has to be amuck for that drum to come off without first removing the nut. See #65 here. https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/2000TRANSINT.htm

Lot's of penetrating oil on input cam shaft or soak the whole assembly. Then work back and forth with patience.

Return to “Tech Support”