3rd Function Hydraulic Add On

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

mrv22661
Volunteer Poster

3rd Function Hydraulic Add On

Postby mrv22661 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:09 am

I have a YM-2420D tractor, with a Koyker 125 front end loader. Front end loader came already installed on tractor when purchased. I'm wanting to add a 3rd function grapple kit on to the front bucket. The 3rd function hydraulic valve is electric operated. What I'm needing to know is how exactly do I plumb the hydraulic lines into this 3rd function valve so everything works? When they added the front end loader; they cut the high pressure line coming from the hyd. pump and ran the pump side of the line into the pressure (P) side of the koyker valve: Then ran the return side of the valve onto the line going on back to the 3 point hitch, both the front end loader and 3 point hitch work fine. When I added the 3rd function valve to the power beyond side on the front end loader and the return line back to the line going to the 3 point hitch, the front end loader won't operate, nor will the grapple, but the 3 point hitch still works fine. What do I need to do to get the grapple and front end loader to work? Thanks...

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: 3rd Function Hydraulic Add On

Postby Aaron » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Did you install the special power beyond fitting into the valve when you added the PB circuit? Would you be able to draw a diagram showing how you currently have it plumbed?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: 3rd Function Hydraulic Add On

Postby winston » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:50 pm

The 3rd function valve should take inlet from the power beyond outlet on the loader valve and the outlet from it should go back into the line going to your 3 point. The tank outlet (not power beyond) on your loader valve should go into your sump. This is with the proper plug or sleeve installed in your loader valve.

Who made your kit and doesn't it have some instructions with it?

Return to “Tech Support”