3110 head studs/nuts

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

wethomas
Volunteer Poster

3110 head studs/nuts

Postby wethomas » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:17 pm

During the installation of the head studs on this tractor, noticed that one of the studs were longer than the others. I had assumed that someone replaced it at some time.
I just reviewed the parts manual and discovered that there was one long stud used and its position is shown (from the parts manual) as the rear right hole on the head. This would put it underneath the valve cover.

I took many photos of this tractor engine prior to disassembly and as luck would have it, none of the photos showed this item in the frame.

I attempted to install this bolt in that position and it didnt seem to fit. It didnt allow the cover to seat correctly.

the stud has a little extra thread on the top of it, doesnt seem to differ from the others in any other way.

Could you tell me the purpose of the long stud, as well as confirm the location.

Yanmar 3110 D 3t 84 engine

Thanks

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: 3110 head studs/nuts

Postby winston » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:18 am

Here is a picture of a 336 head. I believe same engine.
336head.jpg
336head.jpg (116.68 KiB) Viewed 2516 times

wethomas
Volunteer Poster

Postby wethomas » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:12 am

Thanks for help

Its not the same engine

I have Yanmar 3110 / 3t84d engine

It doesn't have bolts, all studs
and it doesn't have the additional head assist bolts. All studs eight each, one longer, with additional upper thread length than the rest.

Your photo does however, show the location of the long stud as front left. The manual shows it in the rear right position, underneath the valve cover.

The only reason I can see for the longer upper thread length is to mount some type of accessory etc, that my tractor doesn't have. and if that's the case, then why does the manual call it out underneath the valve cover where its unaccessable.

Have I uncovered a parts manual mistake?

Ive measured this stud, its identical to the others with respect to diameter, thread pitch and size. Only difference is longer thread length.

Thanks,

Ted Thomas

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:12 am

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:40 pm

I have two 3110 engines outside and both have the long stud in the front left. Neither have anything bolted to them. I always thought it was probably just used for a temporary hoist on the assembly line.

Have I uncovered a parts manual mistake?

There are lots.

Return to “Tech Support”