Fx series hp

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Geneallen
Volunteer Poster

Fx series hp

Postby Geneallen » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:39 pm

Ok so i found it once but have searched and searched... The fx series has a 4 cylinder which is the same from 26to42 I believe then they turboed it fromfx45 to 60 correct. I so all the part number are the same from what i have seen on injectors and pumps so how are they cranking out more power timing of injection pump? If you anyone have the knowledge on this?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Fx series hp

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:23 am

The jump in the 26 and 28 is due to a slightly higher RPM limit (2500rpm vs 2800rpm). I have wondered about the jump to the 32 (also a 2800 rpm limit) before though also and my conclusion was that it most likely has to be done in the injection pump tuning. Which is weird because they all have the same part number for the pump assembly and same individual parts. If you bought a replacement pump, for example, would you need to adjust it for your specific model?

The FX26, 28, and 32 all use the same engine. The 42 is the same engine but has a turbo. I have not found any part number differences between the 26,28,32. Same injection pump, same injectors, pistons, crank, cam....

I know Kubota (and probably others) also have several different HP tractors use the same engine and some are just de-tuned.

Geneallen
Volunteer Poster

Postby Geneallen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:16 am

Yea that was my thoughts as well on the injector pump wonder how to Time it to get the extra hp also I have a turbo and the manifold to put on this. I wondering what boost level most run for the engine?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:31 am

The Deere 1050 uses a turbo and the service manual shows 5.9 psi of boost. I don't know how you would turn up the fuel but Im sure a diesel injection rebuild shop could tell you.

Return to “Tech Support”