Hydraulics surging

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Rmcbay
Volunteer Poster

Hydraulics surging

Postby Rmcbay » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:03 pm

I have recently acquired a 2620d and it runs great and all of the hydraulics work but it surges probably every 5 to 10 seconds if I have anything lifted on the 3 point. It wasn’t doing it when it got parked and when it was cranked up about a week later it was doing this. I have not drained the oil or cleaned the screen yet. I wanted to see if anyone had run into this before I tried anything.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Hydraulics surging

Postby winston » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:47 am

With the lift in a set position is it dropping just a hair and then suddenly raising that little bit. Is that what you are calling surging? If so, something is leaking down a little. Could be numerous things, lift piston, control valve, relief valve, etc.
With the lift in a set position you might try closing the slow drop/stop valve and see if the lift holds in the set position. If so, that would eliminate the lift piston from the equation.

Rmcbay
Volunteer Poster

Postby Rmcbay » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:29 pm

Sorry it took so long to reply. Yes that is what is happening. I don’t see any fluid visibly any where but I’m assuming it’s coming from the lift in the rear because the front end does not leak down. There are 2 controls I’m not sure what they are. There is a round knob that has open and close on it another one by the gear selector. I would assume the one you are talking about is the one that has open and close on it. When I close it the motor bogs down slightly and the implement drops slowly but it does not jump back up.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:30 pm

If the implement drops slowly with the valve closed then likely your lift piston is leaking by just a tad. https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/HPP-4250.htm

No warranty to my thinking, I suppose it could be trash in the relief valve or maybe just a leaking relief valve. Lift piston would just be my first inclination.

Return to “Tech Support”