Yanmar sa 424 bent tie rod

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Serendipity
Volunteer Poster

Yanmar sa 424 bent tie rod

Postby Serendipity » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:24 pm

I bent and straightened my tie rod on new SA424. It is close to specs now on the alignment but I dont trust the tie rod and want to get a replacement. I live over 150 miles round trip to dealer and would like to order for delivery to my house. A couple of questions: 1. Is there somewhere online where I can order parts for the SA324 or 424 without going through the dealer and 2. is there a compatible tie rod from another model that might be easier to find. It seems that the tie rod is a pretty basic part and maybe there is an after-market or compatible tie rod that I can use in place of the specific part designated in the parts manual, which I have.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Yanmar sa 424 bent tie rod

Postby winston » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:27 am

I don't know if Hoye is able to supply parts for the new model tractors. I would suggest clicking on the parts block above and then "Contact Us" and ask them the question. Or Maybe Aaron will answer you here.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Yanmar sa 424 bent tie rod

Postby Aaron » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:23 am

We are slowly adding some of the new stuff but I dont think I have one of those that will work. Is the original straight or did it have a factory bend in it? What was the overall length from pitman arm hole to steering arm hole?

Return to “Tech Support”