Remove front cover: Replace Oil Pump Model 2010

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Clunker5
Volunteer Poster

Remove front cover: Replace Oil Pump Model 2010

Postby Clunker5 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:21 am

I think my tractor is a 2010D. (3 cylinder diesel) I have no oil pressure, and with oil filter removed,& oil pressure sending unit removed, no oil comes out either opening while turning engine over... not one drop. So I feel confident the pump is not working--but I could be wrong. Oil pressure regulator seems to be working-- not removed yet, but checked by pushing it in and releasing it with very small screwdriver,

I have removed radiator, belt, fan, alternator, hoses and ready to remove front (timing gear) cover. Have not yet removed linkages or lines to the injector pump which is in the front cover, or crankshaft pulley or tach cable.

Do you have step by step instructions to finish removing the front cover, in particular, any care or special instructions to remove injector pump to avoid messing up timing or special pins or keepers that might fall out or need to be removed before actual removal of front cover?

Photo attached

Thanks,
Dan
Attachments
IMG_5722.jpeg
front (timing gear) cover
IMG_5722.jpeg (76.64 KiB) Viewed 1260 times

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Remove front cover: Replace Oil Pump Model 2010

Postby winston » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:24 pm

I have not worked on a 2010 but just looking at the parts drawing I believe you have a side cover that can be removed to gain sight of the governor to pump area. I am thinking there is just a fork that goes over the rack pin. Just work wilh caution making sure there is not a pin or keeper of some sort holding that might cause you to bend your governor linkage. Put the pump back with the same shims and it will be in time. Attaching a picture of my old 2002D pump. You can see the pin the fork goes over.
100_7192.JPG
100_7192.JPG (223.31 KiB) Viewed 1249 times

LUCKY20
Volunteer Poster

Postby LUCKY20 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:21 pm

I BOUGHT A 220 2WD WOULDNT START CHANGED THE PUMP RAN FOR A FEW HOURS THEN DIED ,NOW HARD TO START AWNT TO START BUT WANT IT HAS A REGULAR IN LINE FILTER AND SHUT OFF VALVE COULD THIS BE SOME OF MY PROBLEMS

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:04 pm

The in-line filters do not help separate the water from the fuel. Water is a big enemy of those pumps. I would probably drain all of the fuel, put the correct filter assembly on there, and try again. resist the urge to use starting fluid!

https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/ffv-2.htm

Return to “Tech Support”