Transmission noise

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Backwoods
Volunteer Poster

Transmission noise

Postby Backwoods » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:21 pm

I was wondering if you should here noise from low gear 1-4 on a jd 1050. I noticed in first it's not bad but the higher gear in low you go it gets louder. High gear there's a slight noise. Not concerned about high gear sound just the low gear. Not a grinding just seems like a working sound. Is it normal on these tractors?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Transmission noise

Postby Aaron » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Those transmissions use a lot of straight cut gears that can make a 'growling' noise sometimes when all of the backlashes of the various gears start to compound. I've noticed some are worse than others but I don't think you can stop it.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 pm

I second Aarons post.

Backwoods
Volunteer Poster

Postby Backwoods » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Aaron wrote:Those transmissions use a lot of straight cut gears that can make a 'growling' noise sometimes when all of the backlashes of the various gears start to compound. I've noticed some are worse than others but I don't think you can stop it.
Aaron wrote:Those transmissions use a lot of straight cut gears that can make a 'growling' noise sometimes when all of the backlashes of the various gears start to compound. I've noticed some are worse than others but I don't think you can stop it.

Hey thanks! Been running it more and it sounds louder sometimes. I which it would consistently do it than it wouldn't bother me as much. Great runner though!!

Return to “Tech Support”