180D front PTO clutch assembly

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

gregczar
Volunteer Poster

180D front PTO clutch assembly

Postby gregczar » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:13 pm

Is the clutch assembly for the front PTO of 180D repairable? I have tried in vain to find a replacement so now I'm wondering if this is something that can be repaired. There appeared to be some type of plastic/epoxy coating over the wires, which is now nearly gone after one of the seals failed and the clutch overheated. I assume this covering was to keep the copper wires that make up the electromagnet from touching the metal housing. I would appreciate any advise on repairing this component of the clutch or any leads to a replacement PTO since they are no longer made by Yanmar.
img_6145 copy.jpg
img_6145 copy.jpg (100.99 KiB) Viewed 308 times
img_6144 copy 2.jpg
img_6144 copy 2.jpg (111.63 KiB) Viewed 308 times

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: 180D front PTO clutch assembly

Postby winston » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:49 pm

If you have an electric motor repair shop around I would suggest taking it to them for possible repair. If this sight can't help you with a new one you might try this gentleman, he specializes in this sort of thing. Gary Jamison, Honesdale, Pa. https://www.manta.com/c/mm27w5x/jamieso ... ctor-sales

gregczar
Volunteer Poster

Postby gregczar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:59 am

Thank you for your response, Winston. I will definitely check out both of your suggestions.

gregczar
Volunteer Poster

Postby gregczar » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:49 am

Thank you Winston for the advice to contact Jamison Greenhouse and Tractor. They had the front PTO clutch I needed and were very helpful and pleasant to talk to. They had a new one in stock and I received it in four days.
I will try to have the old one repaired since this assembly is hard to find and not made anymore.

Return to “Tech Support”