YM1500 Front Rims

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

PatrickHanna
Volunteer Poster

YM1500 Front Rims

Postby PatrickHanna » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:04 am

I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that I can get front rims that will fit on a YM1500 two wheel drive. It's four bolts and I think they're on a 5 inch circle.

I want to put a little bit wider tire on my front end, but I don't want them as wide or low as what Hoye sells with their turf tire kit. I briefly entertained the idea of getting the rim I want and then making spacers to match the bolt pattern, but I think that would put too much stress on the spindles. I bought new ag tires for the rear and they actually raised the rear of the tractor a few inches so I can't go any lower in the front anyway which rules out the turf tires sold here. Those narrow ribbed tires are terrible this time of year on my soft ground and so I'm just looking for a happy medium.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: YM1500 Front Rims

Postby Aaron » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:15 pm

I have seen several people just put car tires or trailer tires on the factory wheels. Those tires are not really much wider but are a flatter tread and are more friendly to turf. We also have that bolt pattern in a 4" and 5" wide wheel (and the 7" turf wheel).

PatrickHanna
Volunteer Poster

Re: YM1500 Front Rims

Postby PatrickHanna » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 am

Do you have a link to the 5" wide wheel? I've been looking at trailer tires to put on, but my wheels are banged up a little and I'll eventually need new ones. Tractor Supply has a large stock of mounted trailer tires, but the 4-lug tires all have a bolt pattern that is too tight.

Edit: Never mind, I see it. It's the four wheel drive version.

Return to “Tech Support”