YM2000B Temperature Guage

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Cardentm
Volunteer Poster

YM2000B Temperature Guage

Postby Cardentm » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:27 pm

I was mowing with my new to me YM200B today (5 ft King Kutter finish mower) and noticed the temperature gauge creeping up to the orange "hot" range after about 25 mins of mowing. The overtemp light never came on and the tractor ran and mowed fine. I took a break and then finished up mowing for another 35 mins with the temp gauge bumping in the orange range again. On the way back to my shed the top radiator hose blew and I immediately shut it down (new hose in my future and a cooling system flush).

Question, What is the normal temp range for this tractor to run at during an Alabama summer and mowing pretty thick grass with the 5' FM?

Anything to check specifically as I flush the radiator and replace the hose?

Thanks.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: YM2000B Temperature Guage

Postby winston » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:26 pm

a 5' mower in heavy grass is putting the 2000 in heavy load. Not saying it won't handle it but I do feel you could overload it with a 5' cutter in heavy stuff.

https://www.hoyetractor.com/support/kno ... ?article=5

Make sure your radiator outer fins are clean and if it has a screen in front that it is also clear. #30 here. https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/YM2000COOL.htm

Cardentm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Cardentm » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Thanks for the information Winston. A 4 ft. bush hog may be in the works for me for this property if the 5 ft. FM is too much for the tractor. I bought this tractor with the 5 ft. FM to mow a 3 acre tract. I thought the 5 ft. FM would be fine after the first cut to bring the grass down to a manageable level. We will see after I get it up and running again following the radiator cleaning, flush, and new hose.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:10 pm

I used a 5 footer for several years with my old 2002D, same hp you have, just had to use good common sense with it. You don't have to take a full 5 foot cut.

Cardentm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Cardentm » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:25 pm

Update. I followed the radiator back flush advice on this site and also replaced the blown hose. I was then able to mow 3 acres with the 5 ft FM with no high temperature issues. Quite a bit of brown sludge was removed during the radiator back flush.

Return to “Tech Support”