Need help...

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

dfarley6.7
Volunteer Poster

Need help...

Postby dfarley6.7 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:25 pm

i have a yanmar ym 1500 2wd. i just bought the tractor last week and all that come with it was a scraper blade. anyways i bought a 4 foot bushhog today. when i went to test it out. everything worked fine except when the pto is engaged it is almost impossible to put the tractor in gear. i can put the tractor in gear and engage the PTO. that seemed to work for a little. but when im mowing and push the clutch in. it seems to still kinda push the tractor. am i having clutch problems or is this normal and also what are the three pto speeds. i had it in 1 and it seemed to cut good. but all help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Need help...

Postby Aaron » Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 am

Sounds like you need one of these -->
https://www.hoyetractor.com/overrun.htm

1st PTO gear is the 540 range. You should stay in 1st for mowing.

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 am

https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/OR-660.htm

You will obvously need to shorten your drive shaft by a like amount.

PatrickHanna
Volunteer Poster

Postby PatrickHanna » Thu May 16, 2019 7:04 am

I recommend that you get an overrunning clutch (Norm posted the link) as soon as possible before you use that brush hog very much. Those blades are big and heavy and they can push your tractor quite a ways before they stop spinning. The only way to make it not do that is to shift the transmission to neutral when you engage the clutch with the mower spinning. The problem with using that method is that remembering to put the transmission in neutral before you run into a building or roll down a hill is something that you might forget.

Return to “Tech Support”