FX24D No Crank / No Glow Plug Light

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Dhumberger
Volunteer Poster

FX24D No Crank / No Glow Plug Light

Postby Dhumberger » Wed May 01, 2019 11:48 am

Hey all,
Fairly new tractor owner and a little confused as to what the problem is with my FX24D.

-Current status is that i ran it yesterday and all was well, cranked fine and glow plug light worked fine. Parked it and came out today to use the tractor and the glow plug light doesn't work and the engine won't crank at all.
- I am charging the battery because that has been a problem in the past, planning to replace that already.
-Verified that there is power to the starter (13.8volts with the charger on the battery)
-Verified that the ignition switch has power to it, by the way I replaced the ignition switch and had the starter rebuilt for a similar problem a month ago.
- Checked all other dash lights and they work fine.
- Fuses were all good in the fuse box

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

Dennis

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: FX24D No Crank / No Glow Plug Light

Postby Aaron » Wed May 01, 2019 12:42 pm

My first suspicion would be the clutch safety switch but I'm not sure why that would effect the glowplug light. That tractor uses a glow plug controller so I dont really know what it uses to determine if the glow plug should be energized. Does the voltage at the starter stay at 13.8 when you try to crank the engine? That would eliminate a bad connection problem. You can also do this test to eliminate the starter as the problem
https://www.hoyetractor.com/starter-test.htm

Return to “Tech Support”