YM2000B/YM240

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

dstapes
Volunteer Poster

YM2000B/YM240

Postby dstapes » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi,
I've had the front right spindle on my YM2000B break off at the base next to the wheel hub. I see this is a common problem for people running FEL's on these things. Ideally I would love to replace the whole front axle with the heavy duty version from Hoye's but freight cost to Australia makes it unviable given the value of the tractor. Looks like a new kingpin from Hoye's will have to do.

So far I have separated the push rod from the steering arm and removed the nuts and washers at the top of the kingpin. Ive removed the grease nipple and screw (below nipple) and can't see anything else that might be restricting its ability to slide out from the bottom. The kingpin moves vertically about 5mm within the housing & it seems the only thing restricting it is the steering arm which is still firmly stuck at the top. I have been giving it some persuasion with a heavy mallet but don't want to go too hard at it in case I cause more damage.

Is there a mechanism that will release the steering arm or can I just apply some heat to it and go hard with the sledge?

Attached is an image of what I've tried to describe.

Any help appreciated,

DStapes

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: YM2000B/YM240

Postby Aaron » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:09 pm

You will probably need a puller to get the steering arm off. Trying to beat it out will usually 'mushroom' the spindle and make removing it much more difficult.

Return to “Tech Support”