Dirty Hands auger

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Brooksdone
Volunteer Poster

Dirty Hands auger

Postby Brooksdone » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:23 am

Bought my brother a ym1500d. Looking for an auger. Based on the 3 point specs, it seems like we are somewhere between a cat 0 and cat 1. Guessing the model 100 auger is the correct fitment, but wonder if model 90 would work as well?

Any input would be appreciated.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Dirty Hands auger

Postby winston » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:35 am

The 1500 is category 1. http://www.tractordata.com/articles/tec ... point.html
threepoint.jpg
threepoint.jpg (36.34 KiB) Viewed 401 times

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 am

winston wrote:The 1500 is category 1. http://www.tractordata.com/articles/tec ... point.html
threepoint.jpg

That chart says YM1500 is cat. "0". (<, "less than" 20 drawbar hp)

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:58 pm

The main key is upper and lower pin size. pretty sure the 1500 will be category 1. There were some of the smaller US sold Yanmars that had options of category 0 or category 1. I can't seem to find the info on it but I know I have seen it in the past. Wanting to think it was on a 135 but not sure.

Brooksdone
Volunteer Poster

Postby Brooksdone » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Thank you for your insight and input. I have more info from the dirty hands folks, but wasn't sure how to post/share it. Here is where my confusion lies: The cat 0 comes from the PTO hp standpoint, while the cat 1 comes from the PTO lift arm spacing. I am coming to the conclusion that the distance between the lift arms is the determining spec. The fact that the ym1500 PTO hp is below the auger "PTO hp spec" is irrelevant. As long as my brothers tractor will not EXCEED the the auger hp spec, I am fine. Meaning, we won't be sharing pins, bending shafts, or otherwise tearing up equipment.

Another point of concern...., I don't want to have to pay to ship a 200 lbs object back if the fitment ain't good. Guess that's where craigslist comes in.

I am going to go with the model 100, based on my analysis and y'alls input.

If it turns out poorly, I can always blame it on the sketchy advice I got here! :lol:

In all sincerity, I appreciate your sharing your knowledge with me!

If you see my logic as flawed, please let me know.

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 pm

winston wrote:The main key is upper and lower pin size. pretty sure the 1500 will be category 1. There were some of the smaller US sold Yanmars that had options of category 0 or category 1. I can't seem to find the info on it but I know I have seen it in the past. Wanting to think it was on a 135 but not sure.

Yep, "according to Hoye", the YM1500 top link holes are 3/4", which would be cat.1.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:09 pm

All of the pin sizes are category 1 on the 1500 which is really all that matters for what you are doing. The only problem you really ever run into is implement weight and spacing between the lift arms. You can get offset lift arms and, on some implements, you can turn the pins around inward to narrow things up a little.

https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/la-245.htm

Return to “Tech Support”