Yamalube Ring-free in tractors?

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Bud in Fla
Volunteer Poster

Yamalube Ring-free in tractors?

Postby Bud in Fla » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:40 am

I bought an older boat a few years back with a 115 Yamaha 2 cycle gasoline engine. The dealer said to use Yamaha Ring Free and it'll never give a problem. That started me thinking.......and that usually gets me in trouble.

I have a Yanmar 1610D with a 3 cylinder diesel engine. Anyone know if the Ring Free additive would help it or would it be detrimental to an old diesel?

The label says it's for "all" engines but I'm not going to experiment until someone recommends it. Thanks for any info!
Last edited by Bud in Fla on Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Yamalube Ring-free in tractors?

Postby winston » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Never heard of anyone using it in their Yanmar. I would stick with a good diesel rated oil.

Bud in Fla
Volunteer Poster

Postby Bud in Fla » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:40 pm

Thanks! I never heard of it either but I only know 1 other person who has a older tractor. I figured this forum would give a MUCH larger bunch of people who are familiar with Yanmars.

Thanks again!

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50 am

Bud in Fla wrote:Thanks! I never heard of it either but I only know 1 other person who has a older tractor. I figured this forum would give a MUCH larger bunch of people who are familiar with Yanmars.

Thanks again!

What, exactly, does being familiar with Yanmars have to do with 'Ring-Free", (whatever that is)?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:19 pm

I did a little searching and didn't find any mention of ring-free and diesel. I would just stick to something recommended for diesel engines if you wanted to use something.

Return to “Tech Support”