YM2210D - diff lock problem

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Pepis
Volunteer Poster

YM2210D - diff lock problem

Postby Pepis » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Hello

My diff lock worked fine until today. I was logging wood and engaged diff lock when I had hard hill front of me.
I found out that something goes wrong - I felt it on my foot. It feels like noisy metal on metal.

Weird thing because when I released diff lock it lock by it self few second later. So I grabbed pedal and I go home whith my hand on it.
Also I found out that when I put diff pedal max up diff works fine.

I looked inside and no gear was broken but "fork" (I don't know how to name it) had some bad scratches like on photos.

Now If I'm trying engage diff lock (max down) (tractor on the lift) and try to spin wheels forward I can hear this noisy sound and hard to spin wheels but when I'm trying spin backward everything seems to be just fine (no noise, wheels are spin smooth). When I'm trying it when diff lever is maximum up it doesn't really matter which direction I'm spinning wheel - in any direction is ok (no weird sound)

Please - give me some suggestions and forgive me my mistakes.

Photos

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: YM2210D - diff lock problem

Postby winston » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Probably need to take a close look at the mating surfaces between the differential slider gear and the differential gear.

Pepis
Volunteer Poster

Postby Pepis » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:45 am

I'm wondering also about shape of it because it has some damages (scratches)
If you look at second photo : it doesn't have perfect round shape like moon but
on end of it it's getting flat. I'll try to fix it and polish surface but to get slider I need to unscrew half of tractor and it's seems to be to much for me :mrgreen:

Maybe some of you have original part for sell if I'll fell ?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:35 am

No doubt the fork is in bad condition. Part number is 194310-33140 but I pick nothing up on google. Hoye might have a used one.

Pepis
Volunteer Poster

Postby Pepis » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:03 pm

I have a problem with missing parts I guess

Photo what shoud be there ? ball + spring ? because I don`t have anything there and I can`t find any info.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:08 am

I too find no information. I do see one parts drawing showing the opening but no reference to what might be there. What do you see when you look into the opening?

Pepis
Volunteer Poster

Postby Pepis » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Round gouge like on ball. Yesterday I put ball from broken bearing + spring and now there is no free play of diff pedal.
I think it was my main problem because when nothing was there (previous owner might loose it) diff pedal has a little play and when it was in down position of it`s play (play was arroung 3-5 mm) and when I put hand on it I felt friction (tranctor was lift without engine running)
When I set play on up position - it was completly smooth. No I had to regenerate this fork by welding but shape of it won`t be original anymore. Now engaging diff lock by foot doesn`t make too smooth work but when I`m dooing it by hand pulling up - everything is just fine. It`s because back of this fork is still original shape with hard material on it and construction of engaging diff lock alowed me to do it.

markey
Volunteer Poster

Postby markey » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:25 am

I never use the differential lock. You are asking for problems if you do.

Return to “Tech Support”