226D Hydrauilc Oil and filter replacement, Now does not work.

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Bman
Volunteer Poster

226D Hydrauilc Oil and filter replacement, Now does not work.

Postby Bman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:34 pm

Hello folks, newbie here. been working on my 226D for about a month now. Just got to changing the transmission/hydraulic oil. To start I drained the old oil out, I then took out the screen and thoroughly cleaned it and put it back in. As I didn't have the new filter just yet I started it up with the old filter still in place, hydraulics worked just fine. Yesterday I got a new filter (cross refernce from NAPA) Removed the old filter, filled the new filter with oil, replaced it and now I have NO hydraulic/3 point will not raise or lower. Any help is greatly appreciated

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: 226D Hydrauilc Oil and filter replacement, Now does not work.

Postby Aaron » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:10 pm

If everything worked fine and the only thing that changed was the filter... I would probably suspect the filter. Are you sure they crossed it over correctly? I know there is/was a hydraulic filter being sold out there as a 'will fit' that uses a very fine filter and will clog almost immediately. Or maybe the gasket on the filter got damaged or out of place during install and it is sucking air? You are sure nothing else was changed except the filter?

Bman
Volunteer Poster

Postby Bman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Only change was the filter. I will order a new one in the morning fr.om Hoyeu

Bman
Volunteer Poster

Postby Bman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:42 pm

For what it’s worth the one I took off was a Wix filter and it looked like it had been on a while.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:36 am

That seems very odd. You are sure that you didn't disconnect any front loader hoses or anything in the process?

You can loosen the pressure line to make sure the pump is not air locked. Some tractors have a suction line that is oriented weird and drains all of the oil out of the pump when the filter is changed. Not sure if the 226 is that way or not. It might just be having a hard time priming for some reason.

Bman
Volunteer Poster

Postby Bman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Just wanted to close this one out. Installed the proper filter then opened the line and bled the air out. Working fine now,

ryan1603
Volunteer Poster

Postby ryan1603 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:03 pm

I had almost the same issue, my hydraulics weren't working and it was also an airlock.

Return to “Tech Support”