Temp Gauge installation

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

NHrunr
Volunteer Poster

Temp Gauge installation

Postby NHrunr » Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 am

Hi...first post here.

I'm a first time tractor owner and recently bought a YM2210. I just purchased from Hoye an overrun clutch and Temp Gauge. I have searched everywhere before asking this, but is there any instructions on how to install the temp gauge? Decided to do this because I live in hot Texas and the idiot light doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,
Steve

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: Temp Gauge installation

Postby Aaron » Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 am

You will basically just remove the factory temperature switch (located in the bracket behind the water pump) and replace it with the small threaded adapter in the kit and then the sending unit that is attached to the gauge. Just be sure not to kink the tubing that goes between the gauge and the sensor.

You can use a hole saw to cut a hole in the dash and mount it flush (looks best) or use the bracket and mount to the top or bottom of the dash.

PatrickHanna
Volunteer Poster

Postby PatrickHanna » Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm

I installed both a temp gauge and oil pressure gauge in my dash. I eliminated the idiot light entirely and for both I just used a hole saw and centered it a little bit to the right of where the idiot lights were mounted. The hole saw makes the hole pretty tight for the gauges, but I just used a dremel around the edges of the hole until the gauges would slide in and out a little more easily.

NHrunr
Volunteer Poster

Postby NHrunr » Wed May 16, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks, Aaron...very helpful.

Patrick, I may also do the oil pressure gauge eventually. I just need the temp gauge installed now because the idiot light isn't working or doesn't seem to be.

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 pm

NHrunr wrote:Thanks, Aaron...very helpful.

Patrick, I may also do the oil pressure gauge eventually. I just need the temp gauge installed now because the idiot light isn't working or doesn't seem to be.

Have you tested the temp light, (shorted sender to ground)? It does not come on with key switch.

NHrunr
Volunteer Poster

Postby NHrunr » Thu May 17, 2018 9:14 am

Nope....just assumed that because it wasn't on when I turned the key switch it doesn't work, I'll try what you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!

Return to “Tech Support”