coolant leak

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

johnmorton3030
Volunteer Poster

coolant leak

Postby johnmorton3030 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:51 am

Good Morning,

I have a 2310 with a serious coolant leak. My block has the well known hairline crack behind the starter which I have sealed with JB weld. Unfortunately I had straight water with no antifreeze in the tractor when the temp dropped to 20 degrees. Very uncommon for my area. The tractor now has a bad leak coming from the Valve Cover/ Cylinder Head area close to the firewall. Its a steady round stream of water shooting out. Looks almost like a freeze plug or gasket might have popped out. Can' get a good look at it without removing the whole firewall assembly. Any ideas? Don't see any parts on any list that look like they would go in that area. Would like to have replacement parts in hand before I tear into her. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JM

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: coolant leak

Postby Aaron » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:55 am

https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/fp-30.htm

1.jpg
1.jpg (85.39 KiB) Viewed 494 times

johnmorton3030
Volunteer Poster

Postby johnmorton3030 » Tue May 01, 2018 6:14 am

Good Morning Aaron,

Thanks for the help! I am going to order the freeze plug and a clutch kit today. Clutch has been acting up for a while now. Might as well fix everything while I am in there.

Thanks

JM

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Thu May 03, 2018 8:55 am

What do you mean by "Clutch has been acting up "? I don't think a "split"will get you to that freeze plug. There are no "clutch- kits"

Return to “Tech Support”