155D Oil Pressure issue

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

MilYan155D
Volunteer Poster

155D Oil Pressure issue

Postby MilYan155D » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:03 pm

So I have had this tractor for 3 months. I have been doing a couple of 5 or so strait hr jobs with her ( tilling, bush hogging and grading) a week, maybe 15-20 hrs total working time a week and I’m starting to see issues.

1) about two weeks or so ago my oil light started flicker on. I though nothing of it and upt the rpms, light would go away. Then it gets to the point now that I can full throttle the motor and the oil light diesnt go away. I check the oil and fuel level before I start this beast everyday.

2) And this might be because of the constent need to run higher to turn the oil light off or down, but my cooling system has popped off the hose that goes to the overflow twice in three days and steamed out pressure for about 30-45 sec and then stops.

A few thoughts. I have been probably running her a lot longer and harder then it’s had to run in previous years so perhaps I’m surfacing issues. It does require me to put oil in every week because of oil loss.... something I should look into but thought I could get away with until this winter.

O~o\
Volunteer Poster

Re: 155D Oil Pressure issue

Postby O~o\ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:36 pm

I'm sure one of the pros here will chime in, but...

Have you flushed the rad and put in new 50/50 antifreeze? Cleaned the radiator fins and the front screen? Checked the radiator cap?

Have you changed the oil and oil filter?

Try shooting the radiator with a infrared digital thermometer and post the temp. here.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:56 pm

I would recommend you find out if your oil warning light is for real, if so, you are going to have a ruined engine before long.

Sounds like you are over heating and need to figure out why.

Unless you have an external oil leak it also sound like engine is considerably worn according to your oil loss. Does she have lots of blow by out the crankcase vent?

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:57 pm

MilYan155D
Volunteer Poster

Postby MilYan155D » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:55 pm

I just changed the oil and filter. And then today I flushed the rad and put new 50/50. I have been seeing more smoke come out of the muffler though not white and thick or thick at all very subtleI am considering a new oil pressure sensor though, I am thinking I just need to rebuild the motor. Especially because I need to use this little puppy a lot. I’ve rebuilt car motors so I believe I can handle it though I will def need specs and such, I do have the stock manual but it isn’t specific on tear downs and rebuilds and what not.

1) where can I get a full rebuild kit?

2) A good maintenance manual?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 am

https://www.hoyetractor.com/rebuildkit.htm

email me at mabe1945@hotmail.com

If you are running 50% antifreeze that is part of your problem. https://www.hoyetractor.com/overheating.htm

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:04 am

If you are running 50% antifreeze that is part of your problem.

Yup... need to get that fixed for sure.

Rebuild parts-->
https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/155ENGINE.htm

Manuals -->
https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/155MANUALS.htm

agrimog
Volunteer Poster

Postby agrimog » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

whatever you do, dont mix your coolant water at any ratio other than 2/3rds water, 1/3 coolant, the 1300 is a thermosyphon system and wont work if the coolant is to strong a mix

Return to “Tech Support”