yanmar ym3220 engine parts

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Calboy Scott
Volunteer Poster

yanmar ym3220 engine parts

Postby Calboy Scott » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Good day everyone. I have a ym3220 that I need a hydraulic pump and the hyd oil filter spin on adapter for. Any help will be greatly appreciated

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: yanmar ym3220 engine parts

Postby winston » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 am

You need to click on the Tractor parts block above, then contact Hoye by phone or email.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Postby alan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:23 am

If the adapter is to fit a generic filter, I'd be careful.

Calboy Scott
Volunteer Poster

Postby Calboy Scott » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:20 pm

Actually the adapter is to replace the one I destroyed. But tell me about generic filters.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Postby alan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:40 am

My experience with generic filters? I wish -- because it's a bother getting Yanmar ones shipped from outside the country.

No prob with oil ones -- unless. The generics I could source were a half-inch longer than the Yanmar one -- which I thought was good. Until something on my add-on power steering (from Yanmar) holed the end of the generic. (The oil "idiot light" alerted me or I could have lost the engine.) Now I know why Yanmar ones are short.

Haven't tried a generic air filter because I heard they can be a tad too short and let guck in.

Hydraulic? Brought my used original factory one to a source that guaranteed to find me a perfect substitute. After a week proudly presented me with a Fram "Racing Filter" whose every dimension was identical. Before installing I emailed Mr. Fram about applications -- and heard back that it's an oil filter that should not be used in a hyd system. Later found that there are generic proper hyd filters available but had trouble finding out if their particle-size specs were what Yanmar calls for. Since they last for 300 hrs, I stick with a Yanmar supplier.

Fuel? Given the low cost and the unusual size of the Yanmar ones, I've not looked for a generic.

Anyway, I maintain by the book, and after 5000+ hrs and 4 decades, for whatever reason the original engine and hydraulics still work like new.

Return to “Tech Support”