FX26D starter solenoid

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

RWR5
Volunteer Poster

FX26D starter solenoid

Postby RWR5 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:54 am

I need to order a starter solenoid. Is the tractor model sufficient info or do I need to go ahead and pull the starter out to get model info from it? Thanks in advance.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: FX26D starter solenoid

Postby winston » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:30 pm

More than one starter will fit you FX26D. I would do every thing possible to avoid ordering the wrong one. Notice this list of parts. https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/F26.htm

RWR5
Volunteer Poster

Re: FX26D starter solenoid

Postby RWR5 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:16 pm

winston wrote:More than one starter will fit you FX26D. I would do every thing possible to avoid ordering the wrong one. Notice this list of parts. https://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/F26.htm

I appreciate the reply. I think you anwered my question in that more than one starter fits the tractor. One could assume that those multiple starters take different solenoids. However, if for instance, all three starters that fit the FX26 use the same solenoid, I could just go ahead and order it and continue using my tractor. The solenoid does work much of the time. On the othet hand, If the three possible starters use different solenoids, then I need to park the tractor (worry about disking the garden later) and get that starter out so I can figure out which one I've got so I can order the correct solenoid.
I was just hoping it was a simple answer...like....maybe...."all the FX starters use the same solenoid, here, this is whatcha need."

Again, I appreciate all the knowlede and advise that you guys offer. If Hoye didn't exist, I would not have bought this tractor.
Thanks again!

Return to “Tech Support”