I know it's not Yanmar but my FEL...

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Jtmachinedesign
Volunteer Poster

I know it's not Yanmar but my FEL...

Postby Jtmachinedesign » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:03 am

It's a koyker 110. the bucket *slowly* lowers to dump, even when it's empty
has a Dinoil control valve - im thinking it's got a leaking spool.

Any input? valve p/n 673010

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: I know it's not Yanmar but my FEL...

Postby winston » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Could be a cylinder leaking. Swap hoses from lift to curl and see what happens. This will identify whether cylinder or valve.

Jtmachinedesign
Volunteer Poster

Postby Jtmachinedesign » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:23 am

winston wrote:Could be a cylinder leaking. Swap hoses from lift to curl and see what happens. This will identify whether cylinder or valve.

There's two cylinders on both lift and curl.. if it was a leaking cylinder it would have to be both of them to drift on the curl - that's unlikely.

i'm just going to get a new set of valves and replace the dinoils - my time is worth more to me than putzin around swapping hoses just as a guess. As a bonus, I can get a set with float.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Postby alan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm

You may be right, but I've had to have my lift cylinders rebuilt once -- and the curl ones twice -- over their 5,000 hours. My controller is still the original one, and the bucket stays up (for an hour anyway).

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:08 pm

No, it would not have to be both of them to leak on the curl. Same pressure line and return on both cylinders. Either one leaks it will go down.

Desert Dave
Volunteer Poster

Postby Desert Dave » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:36 am

Jtmachinedesign wrote:
winston wrote:Could be a cylinder leaking. Swap hoses from lift to curl and see what happens. This will identify whether cylinder or valve.

There's two cylinders on both lift and curl.. if it was a leaking cylinder it would have to be both of them to drift on the curl - that's unlikely.
i'm just going to get a new set of valves and replace the dinoils - my time is worth more to me than putzin around swapping hoses just as a guess. As a bonus, I can get a set with float.

MMMM, spending 20 minutes to swap hoses to isolate a possible small ticket fix against bigger bucks spent that may not be the problem doesn't make any sense to me. It's not a guess as you say, it's working the problem. I certainly wouldn't want my car mechanic just swapping parts out instead of testing to identify the faulty part, just saying.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Postby alan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:26 am

If there's quick-connects, it'll take closer to two minutes.

Air-blow any debris before undoing, and mark what hoses currently mate with what hoses before the disconnect/reconnect.

Return to “Tech Support”