Broken Linkage

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Nebrvet
Volunteer Poster

Broken Linkage

Postby Nebrvet » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:57 pm

I have a Yanmar 2200. I was working in my lot and when I attempted to shift the differential from High to low, the linkage broke. The handle itself is ok. I removed the linkage arm and can clearly see where the linkage is broken on the inside. Just not sure where or how it hooks up inside of the housing. So, two things......do you have that inside linkage arm? And do you have a schematic on how and where it hooks up on the inside of the housing?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Broken Linkage

Postby winston » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Don't belong to this sight but will but in anyway. Assuming this is the linkage you are talking about? https://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/SL-4130.htm

Might start with this old thread for help. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7807&p=28583&hilit=range+shift#p28583

Nebrvet
Volunteer Poster

Postby Nebrvet » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Yes, that is the part and the thread might help. I don't know if I can get the old broken piece out or not. Hopefully it will fall to the bottom of the housing and just lie there.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:40 am

With the cover off a good magnet might get it.

Nebrvet
Volunteer Poster

Postby Nebrvet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:16 pm

I was able to remove the broken linkage. But for the life of me cannot get the new linkage to go in. I shortened it as much as I dare (about a quarter inch) and I am still about .5 inches short of getting it to fit. Having read the previous string, no amount of grinding is going to get me the clearance I need. I was thinking about splitting the transmission, but then realized I don't have the expertise required to start taking the gears apart. But, what if I were to put it in low and just leave it? Right now it is not in high or low. So, which way do I move the differential gear? Does it need to slide forwards or back? Anybody got any thoughts on this idea? Or is this a crazy idea?

TIA.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:37 pm

scan0006.jpg
scan0006.jpg (91.59 KiB) Viewed 724 times
Must be some difference between the 2000 and 2200 if you can't grind it to pass through. Did you also read this thread attached to the other. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanm ... ernal.html

When the lower sliding gear is slid forward toward the engine you will be in high range.

Another picture of a 1700 gears might help you. Don't know yours are like it.

Return to “Tech Support”