YM 2010D - Bolt thread has dropped into the Clutch Housing

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Aussie
Volunteer Poster

YM 2010D - Bolt thread has dropped into the Clutch Housing

Postby Aussie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 pm

G'day guys,

I have made a mistake and with my brute strength overtalked the shoulder bolt that holds the foot throttle and hand brake assembly. I have further complicated the matter by going to use an ezy-out resulting in the thread screwing threw and dropping into the clutch housing.

Support in Australia for Yanmar Tractors is non existent so seeking your advice.

1. Will the thread sit down the bottom of the housing and can the tractor be driven?
2. Do I have to pull it apart to remove the foreign object?

Paul

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: YM 2010D - Bolt thread has dropped into the Clutch Housing

Postby winston » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 am

Only an opinion, I wouldn't hesitate to continue operating. Is there no hole of any size on the bottom of the housing?

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:51 am

I would probably keep using it too. I think the odds of it getting anywhere that it would cause a problem are pretty low. I don't know what this plug does but you might be able to fish a magnet around in there and get it out. Should be a similar plug in the bottom of the bellhousing also (but I can't find it in the parts book).
1.jpg
1.jpg (50.87 KiB) Viewed 176 times

Aussie
Volunteer Poster

Postby Aussie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Thank you guys. The only opening is the one in the schematic above large enough for a magnet and I have tried that with no success to date, I need to source a smaller magnet for the space there isn't much spare. The plugs in the bottom that are removable are all smaller or the same size as the thread and not big enough to get a 7mm camera into.

Return to “Tech Support”