guessing actual hours

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

O~o\
Volunteer Poster

guessing actual hours

Postby O~o\ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm

I was wondering if anyone had a reasonable guess about how many actual hours are likely to be on a 40 year old 2210D.
Also, how many years do you think this rig spent in the rice paddys?
All speculation, but your thoughts are appreciated.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: guessing actual hours

Postby Aaron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Most of the tractors that size with 4 digit hour meters that I unloaded off a container (18 years ago) were in the 1,000 hr range. Smaller models were in the 300-600 range. Bigger were sometimes in the 2000-3000 range. These were all unrestored tractors right from Japan with Japanese dirt still in the air filters so I believe the meters were probably correct. We always estimated around 30-40 hours per year of use.

Desert Dave
Volunteer Poster

Postby Desert Dave » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:51 am

Aaron wrote:Most of the tractors that size with 4 digit hour meters that I unloaded off a container (18 years ago) were in the 1,000 hr range. Smaller models were in the 300-600 range. Bigger were sometimes in the 2000-3000 range. These were all unrestored tractors right from Japan with Japanese dirt still in the air filters so I believe the meters were probably correct. We always estimated around 30-40 hours per year of use.

Very interesting hands on info Aaron. Wonder how the logged hours compare on the ones coming in today right out of the container?

alan
Volunteer Poster

Postby alan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:08 am

The hours might be low because the Japanese are acculturated to dispose of worn equipment (if your car or truck doesn't look new, you can't get a licence renewal), and rice farmers got a govt incentive to trade in their equipment. Their Yellow Pages have big ads mainly for cars but also trucks and tractors (Yanmar and Kubota were featured) for export -- more to neighboring countries than to here.

Or high -- because the tractors were used commercially (I heard one running in a paddy at night), the exporter might apply new tires and paint (or sloppy repairs), and you don't know how many times the hour-meter went all the way around.

But the uncertainty is reflected in the price.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 am

We were also only unloading the 'A' grade tractors. The lower grade tractors might have had more hours on them.

Return to “Tech Support”