front loader alignment

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

O~o\
Volunteer Poster

front loader alignment

Postby O~o\ » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:47 pm

I got into some brush with the front loader (VN2) and got snagged on the left corner while lifting (this was a minor lift which didn't raise rear wheels). This now has slightly tilted the bucket about 1 inch lower on the left. Looking at the front bumper mount and the lower frame mounts, the mounts look slightly askew (1/8"). Nothing looks bent anywhere on the loader frame itself. In 2 years I have never tightened any of these mounting bolts.

Is this possibly from the bolts shifting in the thru holes?
If I drop to flat ground and loosen all frame to loader frame bolts will I have wiggle room to re-set to horizontal?

Just curious if this is common.

Thanks

alan
Volunteer Poster

Re: front loader alignment

Postby alan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:40 pm

There's no adjustment but I wouldn't use it if there were. I've had a two-inch wonk for a decade (frame rupture -- don't ask). Doesn't affect operation except to make it handier, because when I want to take out a thin slice of turf or get the cutting edge under a heavy flat object, I use the lower side of the blade to take the initial bite.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:25 am

It is pretty common for a bucket to not set perfectly level. You could try loosening the bolts and see what happens but you have probably just sprung the frame a little. You could try catching the stump again on the other side and see if you can spring it the other way or, like Alan said, use it to your advantage.

O~o\
Volunteer Poster

Postby O~o\ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks for the responses guys. I did loosen all the bolts and managed to align the front plate to the bumper, but to no effect on the bucket. It seems that the bolts that go into the tranny/chassis are setting the final pitch.
Next time out, I will try an opposite corner lift.
If not, I will just use it to my advantage as per Alan.

Return to “Tech Support”