YANMAR 2420D 3PH VALVE

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

R & R MOWERS
Volunteer Poster

YANMAR 2420D 3PH VALVE

Postby R & R MOWERS » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello my name is Lee, Me and my dad run a shop in Manning,s.c. and we have a customer with a yanmar 2420d. He brought the tractor to our shop saying it would not lift the FEL or 3PH. well to give back story he said he changed his hydraulic pump him self and since then tractor would not idle up nor any FEL or 3PH movement. I fixed the wont idle up issue, when he changed the pump he removed the nut in front of the fuel stop and did not reset it after i adjusted it and locked it down tractor runs fine. i started it up and got the Fel to lift and the 3ph, then the pump exploded. so pulled the new pump off and reinstalled the old pump. drained all the milky fluid, removed the 2 bolt cover and cleaned sump filter. used a shop vac and got all the debris out of the transmission, debris were like white chalk like calcium deposits. reinstalled everything and a new carquest 85229 filter, I had doubts about the filter from the start because he changed it first before the new pump. after everything reinstalled and filled up cranked the tractor and it moved both fel and 3ph for about 5 min and quit, pump loss prime. so done research and found a john deere filter that crossed off the oem #, looked in the filter and the check valve was smaller than the one in the carquest filter, filled the filter put it on and everything worked flawless, drove the tractor around the back of the shop and rehooked to the bushhog he had on it, went to lift it and nothing happened no up or down. removed the knob from under the seat and the plunger under it moved freely, cranked the tractor and cracked open the plug on the front of the valve under the seat that has the lock out knob on it and had plenty of pressure and fluid but not coming out the hole where i removed the knob. so i pulled the tractor to the front of the shop and pulled the other plugs to see if there was any fluid there or debris etc, well i pulled one of them off and there was the white chalky stuff so i grabbed the air hose and blowed in the front of the valve blowing the old stuff out at the same time i blowed out a cylinder shaped machined piece about an inch long and a spring and another piece the spring fits in with like flat head slots on the side the spring goes in and the opposite side is beveled with a little hole runing from side to side above the bevel. my question is can you tell me where and how it goes back in, today is sunday and he needs to use it tomorrow i have looked every where for a diagram or exploded view of the valve under the seat and cant find one. i really need to get this done and any help is appreciated greatly. thanks. btw fel works flawless still. sending pics of tractor and of the pieces i dont know where they go. you will see the plugs still loose and the one plug all the way out that i think is where this valve goes. and a pic of the filter that worked. I COULD NOT PUT ALL PICS ON HERE THEY WERE TO LARGE SO THIS IS A LINK TO GOOGLE DRIVE I SHARED ALL PICS THERE. LINK: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NNQqsgLlFC_hQns74MDzrdGBeuGxKkFe?usp=sharing
Attachments
filter.jpg
filter.jpg (219.06 KiB) Viewed 825 times
unknown location.jpg
unknown location.jpg (12.13 KiB) Viewed 825 times

alan
Volunteer Poster

Re: YANMAR 2420D 3PH VALVE

Postby alan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:07 am

At first I thought the Deere photo was of the tractor front (which puzzled me) until I realized it showed the Deere FILTER. Maybe a filter is a filter but I understand (perhaps wrongly) that when Deere contracted Yanmar to make some of its models they specified that only Deere filters would work (so owners would have to come to Deere dealers). So it's possible that, listings or not, in some cases Deere filters won't work on Yanmars.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:56 am

No doubt you need a parts breakdown but it would seem to me those parts should only fit where they belong. Looks like you have had several plugs out, will those parts fit in more than one place? Looks to me like parts of a relief valve.

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:50 pm

If those parts came out of the hole shown they should only fit back in one way.

R & R MOWERS
Volunteer Poster

Postby R & R MOWERS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:16 pm

I put that piece with the spring in it in the hole that I left the plug out, bevel first then spring and lastly the smooth cylinder piece then the plug and it fit perfect so I am assuming I have it right but still 3ph not working and Fel working flawless. I have good volume of flow from all plugs to the left of the turn knob but no fluid or anything from the hole the knob is in or any plug on the right side of the knob.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Postby alan » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:34 pm

The 3pt stop valve is open?

R & R MOWERS
Volunteer Poster

Postby R & R MOWERS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:26 pm

yeah i took the valve all the way out and did not get fluid from the hole or any hole on the right side of it, have fluid at line connection and all the plugs to the left of the knob just none to the knob or beyond. The plug below the knob on the lower left side if you remove it it will shoot a stream probably 15 foot or so of fluid out of it, so i know fluid is there just not making it through the valve block i guess it is called.

R & R MOWERS
Volunteer Poster

Postby R & R MOWERS » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 pm

this is a pic of where i found fluid flowing and where there is no fluid. Blue = fluid Red = NO FLUID
keep in mind nothing worked before i changed the filter to the right one and changed fluids, FEL still works flawless. Before the initial change of fluid and filter 3PH and FEL both worked until pump run out of prime do to the filter mainly having to stiff of a check valve.
Attachments
valve frnt close.jpg
where there is and is not fluid
valve frnt close.jpg (53.06 KiB) Viewed 754 times

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:41 am

Wondering if you lost a ball or some other part when it blew apart. Something definitely not back together correctly. Maybe Aaron can post a parts drawing for you.

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:22 am

Probably not relevant since FEL working but have seen no mention of cleaning the pickup screen when changing oil and filter.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:25 am

Norm wrote:Probably not relevant since FEL working but have seen no mention of cleaning the pickup screen when changing oil and filter.

He mentioned it in his first post, called it the sump filter.

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:34 pm

winston wrote:
Norm wrote:Probably not relevant since FEL working but have seen no mention of cleaning the pickup screen when changing oil and filter.

He mentioned it in his first post, called it the sump filter.

Yup, missed that.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Postby Aaron » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:40 pm

1.JPG
1.JPG (40.94 KiB) Viewed 713 times

R & R MOWERS
Volunteer Poster

Postby R & R MOWERS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:47 pm

I only took the caps off in the areas with the red squares, never pulled the adjusters. I put the pieces that are in the pics on the gmail link in the hole with the black arrow. still have fluid in the right side (input side) of this diagram from the plug holes but nothing out of the hole where the turn knob is but the plug under it on the input side has fluid. I will see if i can upload a video of what i have going on to gmail and post a link.
Attachments
YANMAR 2420D VALVE DID AND DID NOT REMOVE.jpg
YANMAR 2420D VALVE DID AND DID NOT REMOVE.jpg (84.7 KiB) Viewed 708 times

R & R MOWERS
Volunteer Poster

Postby R & R MOWERS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:53 pm

this is the pieces i was talking about that i put in the hole on the side of the valve in the diagram you posted.
Attachments
unknown location direction.jpg
unknown location direction.jpg (37.17 KiB) Viewed 707 times

Return to “Tech Support”