ym155d clutch

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

gjones
Volunteer Poster

Re: ym 155D

Postby gjones » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:34 am

original clutch disc was in pieces and had grooved the presure plate. had to get the longer carrier from you to work with the new clutch assembly.

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Re: ym 155D

Postby Norm » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:41 am

You only occasionally converse with a Hoye employee, (Aaron), on this public forum, and I am not one. You really need to continue with your original thread for this to make any sense. Since you have tried both bearing carriers, there is obviously something else wrong. Why did you take it apart in the first place to inspect?

gjones
Volunteer Poster

clutch bearing carrier

Postby gjones » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 pm

has anyone ever need to shorten the longer clutch bearing carrier when installing a new clutch and presure plate? i installed a new clutch assemble with the longer bearing carrier and i have zero free play in the clutch peddle. come to find out when everything is installed the bearing is forced against the fingers. the original carrier is was to short to function properly and after measuring the new carrier is 1/4 inch to long. any help would be greatly apprecieated.

Aaron
Site Administrator

Re: ym155d clutch

Postby Aaron » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:37 pm

I have never heard of anyone needing to modify the carrier. I would not have a problem shortening the carrier if it was mine and I was sure that is what was needed and that there was not going to be an unexpected consequence of some kind.

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Re: ym155d clutch

Postby Norm » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:37 pm

As a means of troubleshooting I would reinstall the grooved pressure plate, (it should still work), and whichever bearing carrier matches the old one, and if nothing else is amiss you should be in business. Does the bearing carrier slide smoothly on the shaft?

Return to “Tech Support”