Ym1502D 3 point hitch lever won't stay put

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Dahlilama
Volunteer Poster

Ym1502D 3 point hitch lever won't stay put

Postby Dahlilama » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Ok, I am new to this forum and to small tractors. I can turn a wrench without a problem and used to operate a backhoe as one of my previous jobs. My question is basicslly in the title. I have a yanmar 1502D. I love this sucker so far. It seems to have developed an issue tho. The three point hitch works as it should except for the fact that where ever I put the lever it just moves back up and raises the implement. Shouldn't it stay where I put it? I looked at it for quite a while and can't seem to understand how this darn thing works mechanically. I was going to bolt a piece of angle steel to the lever and make it so it puts pressure along the guide rail but figured I am not fixing it properly. I also looked on google and some tractors have a friction ring....do I have that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thabks in advance. Also if you can help remember I don't know the terminology so please put it in Barney terms !!!!!!!!!

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: Ym1502D 3 point hitch lever won't stay put

Postby winston » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:05 pm

"If" your 1502 has a double nut shown as #41 in the 220 parts drawing then you should be able to loosen the lock nut, tighten the inner a bit and lock back. Can't see it from here so you will have to decide or post pictures of yours.
Attachments
220 002.JPG
220 002.JPG (232.95 KiB) Viewed 97 times

Return to “Tech Support”