FEL lift spasmodic

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

Lharper
Volunteer Poster

FEL lift spasmodic

Postby Lharper » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:21 am

The loader on my FX28D has been raising very slowly for the past several months and stopped raising completely recently.
I've verified the fluid flow to and from the joystick control valve and each lift cylinder. I also verified that there was no
flow by on each cylinder. I also swapped out the joy stick control valve to no avail. The bucket dump and curl functions
work fine. I managed to get the loader to start raising again in its usual very slow fashion by trial and error adjustments
of the two fluid flow distribution controls shown below. The pressure and return lines to the FEL are routed through the
hydraulic assembly housing as shown in the first pic. One control is under the seat shown in the first and second pic and
the other is latched to the lift arm end plate on the left side shown in last pic. I have the under seat slider control in the
far left position and the end plate post in abou the 2 oclock position (any less and I lose the 3-point lift). I can find no info
these two controls other than the English translation that I've managed to derive. Does anyone with an FX series tractor have
any definitive info as to the proper setting of these controls, particularly the one in the last pic ?

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Re: FEL lift spasmodic

Postby Norm » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:31 pm

" I also verified that there was no
flow by on each cylinder. " How did you determine that? If you can you need to swap lift and curl hoses, and see if lift still fails.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Postby alan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Was something done to the tractor just prior to the problem?

Lharper
Volunteer Poster

Postby Lharper » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:32 am

When the lift and curl hose connections are swapped at the valve, the lift works fine.
Apparently, there is a problem with the lift spool.

Return to “Tech Support”