model EF230H exhaust pipe

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

mm19
Volunteer Poster

model EF230H exhaust pipe

Postby mm19 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:10 am

I have a Yanmar tractor model EF230H and would to know whether I can reverse the exhaust pipe from a horizontal to vertical outlet. Looking at the mufler position it looks like to me that it could be turned by 180 degrees rather easily. However I would like to be sure that there is not a hidden problem.Many thanks for your help and greetings from France.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Re: model EF230H exhaust pipe

Postby alan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:46 am

Sure, commonly and easily done, at least on other models. (I think most owners change from vertical to horiz.) While it's off, tap and/or air-blow it to try to get loose crud out.

mm19
Volunteer Poster

Postby mm19 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:11 am

Thanks Alan,for your reassuring reply. I do wonder however why most owners would change from vertical to horiz. position. In fact the reason why I would like change to vertical is to prevent the brushing of my face with exhaust gases. With an extended pipe of 2 meters this problem should be solved, I hope. :) Perhaps others would like to comment on this issue. Thanks once more and Regards.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:22 am

Going under low trees is why I need mine horizontal.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Postby alan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:14 am

Ditto to Winston. Also, keeps any rain out.

I added to the outflow a customized pipe so it exhausts under the engine -- back when diesel fumes were dangerous to lungs, especially young ones. Now that the sulphur's removed from diesel (as I understand, throughout N. America), it's less harmful -- and costlier.

If you do way extend it in front, wear a suit of armor and nobody will mess with you.

Return to “Tech Support”