New 424

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

lowetom65
Volunteer Poster

New 424

Postby lowetom65 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:52 pm

I was out cutting brush with my 2 day old yanmar 424 and I heard a noise from under the tractor. Upon closer inspection it would appear there is a fan on a driveshaft under the tractor and the blades broke off it. I was shocked that there would be a plastic fan under the tractor that could easily be damaged and wonder how important it is? I realize it cools but the blades are only 2-3 inches long. Any help understanding what that fan does would be great, how important is it for residential use, and how do I get a replacement? Thanks.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Re: New 424

Postby winston » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:52 pm

This forum is basically for the older Yanmars. Please don't take my comment as smart Alec. Anybody that posts here would be glad to help but most of us are more knowledgeable about the old tractors.

I would certainly believe the fan to be important or they wouldn't have it there. 2 day old Yanmar should be covered under warranty. Just doesn't seem right to me by running over brush you should be able to destroy the fan. Yanmar would probably disagree. Haven't helped you any but would sure be interested to hear more of your findings and results.

alan
Volunteer Poster

Re: New 424

Postby alan » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:39 pm

"... there is a fan on a driveshaft under the tractor ..." Really?

Not sure why you're asking here (it just came out so none of us would have seen one), when it has a two-year warranty.

Return to “Tech Support”