2610d 3 point hydraulic lift position control

Post your questions or problems you are haviing with your Yanmar tractor here.

Moderator: Aaron

LZeppelin513
Volunteer Poster

Re: 2610d 3 point hydraulic lift position control

Postby LZeppelin513 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 am

I havent started to try and take it apart to know for sure, but it looks like my handle is held in place on the shaft by jam nuts. Something else I was thinking would be to loosen the jam nuts and clock the handle up the shaft 20 degrees or so to try to get the handle engaging the valve sooner. Im a bit hesitant to start fiddling with anything hydraulic because I dont know what im doing and there are expensive parts i dont want to break! Thoughts?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 am

I have no drawings of the 2610 but with double nuts it would seem they should be locking to hold something. However, the 2000 model and others have a roll pin that fastens the handle to the shaft. A fixed position. I still would lean toward a new spring or just stretching yours a little tighter to achieve contact.

LZeppelin513
Volunteer Poster

Postby LZeppelin513 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:17 am

OK im going to try that first, thanks!

Norm
Volunteer Poster

Postby Norm » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 am

Whatever happens after you move the handle 2/3 of the way, make it happen immediately.

LZeppelin513
Volunteer Poster

Postby LZeppelin513 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:44 pm

I cut some coils off the spring and bent a new loop. Installed it and it took up all the clearance between the lever and valve. There was some minor improvement in function but not what i was hopping for. The down side was that the spring was so tight that it had a tenancy to pull the handle back down a bit. I straightened out a bit of the spring to loosen it enough that the lever would stay in place but not so much that the gap was still taken up. Now I am back to the handle functioning almost as poorly as before.....So, something else is the problem, not the spring.

Just out of curiosity i wanted to quickly test the 3 point function. I backed the 3 point arms under the truck hitch receiver. It easily lifted the back half of my pickup off the ground at a low RPM.

Not sure where i should go from here....Holding a tape next to the valve rod and eyeballing it, there is about 1/8" of travel in the valve rod travel before the hydraulic lift is activated. And like i was trying to describe earlier in this thread, the moment the rod moves enough to activate the lift, the arms continue raise a little less than half way up. To stop this travel i have to very slightly lower the handle. This suggests maybe the valve isn't working correctly?

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:23 pm

You may well be correct about the valve but I don't want to have any part in recommending you buy a $250 valve at this point. I would take the valve apart, clean, inspect, new o-ring, maybe gasket, maybe seal. Here is the break down. http://www.hoyetractor.com/CTGY/20003PTCONTROL.htm

Would probably buy a new $8 spring too. Might be throwing away $8 but if I were going to order I would include that. Hope you don't take my adivce and hold me accountable. :D

LZeppelin513
Volunteer Poster

Postby LZeppelin513 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:33 pm

Took the valve apart. I'm not sure how this last assembly is supposed to function. I had to compress it in a vice to get the inner plunger to stroke in and out and now it moves more easily. I would like to fully disassemble it and give it a cleaning. I was able to remove the semi-circle keepers and get the plunger to come out a bit more. I cannot get it any further out than shown in the pic below.

Any idea how to remove this?
Attachments
valve.jpg
valve.jpg (60.17 KiB) Viewed 591 times

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:02 am

Something amuck in there if it won't come out. You can look at the drawing assembly and see it should come out. Strange two piece circlip? http://www.hoyetractor.com/PROD/194151-45821.htm

LZeppelin513
Volunteer Poster

Postby LZeppelin513 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:59 pm

I pried it apart. Cleaned it up. Didn't find any obvious dirt or obstructions. Put it all back together and no significant change.... It works good enough but no position control on the lower half of its range.

I adjusted the feedback nut to get proper lift height.

cleaned and greased all the joints.

I am still betting my control valve isn't functioning properly but think i am going to just live with it for now.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Were all the components in place per the parts drawing? O-ring looked ok?

LZeppelin513
Volunteer Poster

Postby LZeppelin513 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:20 pm

The o-rings looked OK. The parts that were there were in place. It was slightly different then both the drawing you posted here and my new part diagram that recently arrived. There was a small internal piece that was not inside but i am guessing it is just because it is slightly different from the factory. The "plunger" does not slide as smoothly as i think it should....but im not really sure.

winston
Volunteer Poster

Postby winston » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:18 am

Sounds to me like you are in the area of the problem. If you decide to make further changes let us know.

LZeppelin513
Volunteer Poster

Postby LZeppelin513 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:26 pm

I ended up just purchasing a new valve from hoye tractor. Disappointingly, this didn't change the way the lift operates in any way.

I'm stumped whats the issue. Any other suggestions?

The good news, I recently finished fixing up the tractor. It has over 3000 hrs on it and the wiring was all hacked up, fenders rusted off, and a fair amount of blowby. New piston rings, rod bearings, valve seals, found a burnt valve, and a handful of other things and its *almost* good as new :D LOVE the powershift! Bringing it over to Coldwater Tractor to get a loader installed next.
Attachments
Tractor small file.jpg
Tractor small file.jpg (246.6 KiB) Viewed 109 times

LZeppelin513
Volunteer Poster

Postby LZeppelin513 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:10 pm

I found this description of the lift control on tractorbynet forums.

"Default Re: YM 2700 lift lever position and adjustment

The Operation Manual for my YM240 (YM2000) says pull the lever all the way back to lift, then ease it forward a little to 'Hold' position... "

This post was made by California about half way down the page here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/yanm ... ition.html

My lift works similar to what he describes. For example, if i want the lift half way up, i raise up the lever until the lift is where i want it, then back off the lever a bit to stop the lift. Its the reverse to lower the lift arms into a position, meaning, lower 3 pt lever until lift arms are to desired position then raise a little to hold. It acts a in a way like an on-off switch more than what I think of as position control.

...maybe my lift is working properly, its just not nearly as precise as and the newer f- model Yanmar I used to operate.

Return to “Tech Support”